|Zoning & Code||610-863-1821|
SEPTEMBER SPECIAL COUNCIL MEETING
· Hired Mark F. Davis as a full time public works laborer.
· Approved Pen Argyl High School’s request for use of Weona Park for Pep Rally and Bonfire.
· Trick or Treat will be held 10/30/2016 from 3 P.M. to 5 P.M.
OCTOBER COUNCIL MEETING
Honored Dolores B. Savitz for her over 40 years and counting service to the Borough!
· Adopted code enforcement complaint form to handle citizen’s concerns.
· Agreed to move forward with completion of plans for Fire Station.
· Agreed to participate in a Demand Response Program with the Wastewater Treatment Plant’s generator.
· Agreed to replace all the smoke detectors in Borough Hall.
· Agreed to continue with John McLaughlin as the Borough’s labor attorney.
· Budget Meetings will be: Workshop, 11/10/16; tentative adoption, 11/29/16; final adoption 12/13/16. All at 7 P.M. in the fire hall.
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Leaf collection will begin 10/24/2016, there will be no collection the week of 11/2 and collection will end 12/02.
· Maintained vehicles & equipment.
· Weekly lawn maintenance on all Borough properties.
· Steam cleaned food stands in Park.
· Labor Day Carnival daily clean up.
· Completed Lehigh Conservation planting project by planting 89 native plants in Golf Course.
· Rain Garden construction at Borough Hall.
· Traffic light electrical repair.
· Catch basin and storm washout maintenance.
· Pothole patrol
· Curb painting
· Meter checks
During the past month, the Zoning/Code Office completed the following inspections; 4 residential re-sale inspections, 1 commercial rental and 16 residential rentals. The following permits were issued; 1 demolition, 1 electrical, 1 fence and 1 yard sale. The office also processed 3 rental registrations and 1 zoning permit. The Zoning/Code Officer can be reached at 610-863-1821 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
SLATE BELT REGIONAL POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Department has a prescription drug “Take-Back “box at their 6292 Sullivan Trail, Nazareth, PA office (Plainfield Township Municipal Building). Contact information for the SBRPD is: 911 (Emergency), 610-759-8517 (Non-Emergency) and 610-759-8523 (Fax).
LOOKOUT FIRE COMPANY
In August the department responded to 10 alarms. Total man hours on calls were 338 and for training 226.
WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT
Monthly, weekly and quarterly sampling was done, all are
in compliance. Equipment, plant and
pumping station maintenance was completed. Answered and marked 10 PA One Calls. UV probe failure, replaced. Motive pump failure, replaced and failed pump
sent for repair. Effluent pump
repaired. Reed Bed cleaning completed. Flow meter calibration completed. Generator at West End repaired and back on
line. Centrifuge issues being resolved.
Michael T. Zavacky, the office is located at 501 George Street, phone number 610-863-9487. From June 1st on the office hours are by appointment only. Any person with disabilities, please call ahead for special arrangements.
ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER
The Slate Belt now has a new Animal Control Officer, Sue Henn to deal with stray dogs. Please call the non-emergency number to the Regional Police at 610-759-8517 to have her dispatched. If you have questions you can reach her at 484-239-7072.
ITEMS OF NOTE:
Borough Newsletter- The Borough Newsletter is published each month following the Borough Council Meeting. It can be found at the Borough Hall, Blue Mt. Community Library, PNC Bank, the Post Office, On the Spot Cleaners, Marcon Shoemaker, Cuono’s Barber Shop, Reto’s Barber Shop, Mr. Pasties, Pen Argyl Pizza, Emmy Lou’s, The Slate Pub, Elvern Farms and The Lunchroom. It can also be found on our website at www.penaryglborough.com . You can receive the newsletter online by going to our website and requesting it. While on the web site make sure you like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!!!!!
Garbage/Recycling – Recycling will be on October 14th & 28th. as well as November 11th, due Thanksgiving garbage and recycling will be on November 26th. The Borough Hall now has recycling stickers for your recycling containers. Garbage/recycling containers are to be placed on the resident’s property at the curb line and are not to be placed before 2 P.M. on the day before pickup.
Curfew – Minors are reminded that Pen Argyl has a curfew. Minors under the age of 18 are not to be on any public street, alley, and sidewalk or at Weona Park between the hours of 11 P.M. and 6 A.M.
Blue Mountain Community Library- Preschool storytime has begun every Wednesday and Thursday at 10:30 A.M. Fundraiser at Slate Pub on 10/4 .The public is invited to the next board meeting scheduled for 10/19 at 6:30 P.M. Adult book discussion group selections; 10/18 – Most Wanted by Lisa Scottoline, 10/15 – Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan and 12/20 – The Swans
of Fifth Avenue by Melanie Benjamin and 01/17 – Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult, meetings begin at 6:30 P.M. Check out the library’s facebook page; www.facebook.com/bmclpenargyl.
CALENDAR (All meetings are at Borough Hall unless noted.)
Tues., Oct. 18th – Park Board Meeting, Community Center, 7 P.M.
Tues., Oct 25th – Borough Council Workshop, 7 P.M.
Tues., Nov. 1 – Borough Council Meeting, 7 P.M.
Mon., Nov. 7th – Sewer Committee, 4:30 P.M.
Mon., Nov. 7th – Municipal Authority Meeting, 5 P.M.
Thurs., Nov. 10th – Budget Workshop, 7 P.M.